Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Camlock Spindle Assembly again

Can you provide details of what lathe you have so others can note it. I
have a D1-4 Camlock on my Harrison M300 and all indications are that �
the spindle is one piece, the camlock assembly being integral with the
spindle.- Hide quoted text -

David

I have a Birmingham lathe. 13" X 40". There appears to be a brass
sleeve that separates the spindle proper from the camlock assembly. I
have not opened up or removed the spindle to confirm this. Another
reply suggests that the whole spindle assembly, camlock and all starts
life as a casting and lots of maching from there.

I would like to have a camlock assembly, spindle side of things, that
I could thread to fit a LeBlond lathe that has threads. I don't
understand that this would be difficult, if it would be.

Thanks for the response.
Bob AZ