Martin H. Eastburn

Default Shop computer question

John Ings wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 04:17:33 GMT, Rick Frazier
wrote:

Lightning
and it's effects is truly a wonder of nature. Despite the trouble it causes me
in getting things repaired, I still like to watch nature's display of electrical
power...

I stopped at a motel in Saskatchewan once that had a U shaped driveway
and a Neon sign in the middle of the space delimited by the driveway.
Between the motel office and the sign, right across the driveway was a
couple of sawhorses acting as a temporary barrier to keep customers
from driving into a foot-deep trench that ran between the sign and the
office. The sign was not lit and I asked the proprieter if he was
installing new cable to a sign that had obviously been up a while.
"No," he said, "ligntning hit the thing last night and that's what dug
that trench. There's nothing at the bottom of the trench where the
power cable used to be buried!"

I would not like to be standing along that line. Bet it was a quick and busy time.

martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer