Posted to alt.home.repair
pjhernes pjhernes is offline

Default Inducer pressure switch on furnace pops apart

Hi,

In the five years that I've lived in my current house, the furnace has
failed twice, both times when the pressure switch on the inducer
popped apart and scattered its innards. The first time a technician
came out and found nothing else wrong, just replaced the switch. This
last time a month ago, I reassembled all the pieces and put a hose
clamp around it to hold it together. Is this possibly symptomatic of
something more serious, or just bad luck with switches? In the last
couple of days, the furnace has been double-clutching on startup,
frequently shutting itself back down before the target temperature is
reached. I assume that a leak has developed in the switch. The
furnace is a Lennox G50 series.

Peter