Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M Stephen M is offline

Default thin kerf or reg keft ts blades?

"Kevin" wrote in message
thoughts?

The argument for TK was less wood, less dust, thicker wood capacity

My thoughts is TK is also going to wobble more, cut rougher.

Thin kerf if you must (marginally powered saw)

Full kerf if you can. I really do think the cut is better.

I think the "uses less wood argument is pretty weak. I also think the an
exactly 1/8" kerf is handly for measuring. Sometimes I make a cut, for
instance a rabbet, where the cut measurement includes the kerf. It's much
more handy to have a round number when adding the kerf to the TS scale.

-Steve