Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rgentle rgentle is offline

Default Tools and Being Cheap...Err..Frugal

On Jan 22, 1:48*pm, Silicon Sam wrote:
On Jan 22, 11:44*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Well I liketoolsand I am also cheap...err...frugal.

I would be interested in your stories, suggestions and recommendations
of how you have fed your tool habit....err..needs.

Thanks

TMT

* Out here in Central Texas we have lots of pawn shops. *I hit them
often for DVD's mostly, but I always look at thetoolsand cameras. *I
usually find some good deals on stuff that has been marked down
because it's sat there too long, or it doesn't work.

* Recently picked up a Cat V cable tester for $10 with a dead battery,
a Sperry circuit tester for $1 (said it was not working, once I
downloaded the manual, I figured out how to use it.), and just
recently a Shimpo digital tachometer for $10. *Marked down from the
original price of $145. Just needed the battery terminals cleaned.

* A fewhandtools, a variable speed Craftsman grinding wheel ($20).
One pawn shop I used to go to, which was sold recently, used to put
all theirhandtoolsin a big bin, and I can't recall how many KlienhandtoolsI got for 50 cents each.

Raymond

I buy wholsale Tools & resell them at http://gentleenterprize.biz
under retail all new! Craftsman & others.
Chheck web site out!