Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keith Dunbar Keith Dunbar is offline

Default washing machine leaking when filling

wrote in message

"It's a (partial) blockage in the pipe between the soap drawer and
drum."

that's what I thought but I can't feel one, and can feel right to
where it joins the drum. The pipe is very flexible, I can make it
meet in the middle. I've never had a washing machine to bits and can
imagine all sorts of bizarre syphonic madness that would confuse
common sense.

I can't see how to get at the pipe further - would I have to take the
door off and seals, or take the soap wotsit right out?

I'm sure there's a good reason for it but it would be nice if the
sides came off!

I think something similar happened to us once. The pipe between the soap
drawer and the drum had become completely clogged with soap powder. It was
a devil of a job to get it shifted - I think the pipe was almost impossible
to remove and clean out. Since then we have either put the powder directly
in the drum or used liquid detergent.

Keith