Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tigerwood Flooring consistency

"Kunta Kinte" wrote in message
I've been contacting sites -- trying to find replacement wood-- that
they'll guarantee doesn't have solid "looking" pieces. No responses
yet. Is there anything I can do to ensure I get a consistent look? A
technical term Ishould use? It seems the solid brown piece is
probably heartwood, yes?

I've put a pic up at:
http://www.mountcrumpit.com/images/TigerConst.jpg

Only way to insure it is what you want is to hand inspect each batch. I
doubt many dealers will take the time (and risk of return) to sort for you.
Yes, it mostly likely is heartwood and as long as it came from the same
tree, it is still the same wood whether it matches the rest of it or not.