Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.energy.homepower
CJT CJT is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Ann wrote:

No post (at least that I saw) claimed that setting the thermostat up
increased the rating of a standard residential hot air furnace.

Claiming that setting the thermostat higher than the desired temperature
will cause the room to reach that temperature faster is _exactly_equivalent_

Focus on this bit for a minute instead of the bit you've been focused
on. What is "the room?" It's not the thermostat and it's immediate
surroundings. What is "reach?" It's not the first time you're
asymptotically within a delta -- it's when you've established it with
some stability.

to claiming that setting the thermostat higher than the desired temperature
will increase the output of the furnace. :-)