Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.energy.homepower
CJT CJT is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , (Charles Bishop) wrote:

I don't think that's what she said. If you want the temp to be 70, then
set the t-stat to 80. It will cycle once or twice, then set it to 70. This
is from a "cold" start where the temp is way below the setting. It takes
time to bring the furnishings, &c up to temp, so having the t-stat set at
80 helps with this. Yes?

No. A thermostat is an on-off switch. As long as the room temperature is lower
than the thermostat's setpoint, it's on. When the room temperature reaches the
setpoint, it turns off. That's all.

But if you overshoot (keeping it set to a higher air temperature) and
then set it back to your true desire and let the room "soak" you might
reach equilibrium faster.