Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Old Maytag electric clothes dryer.

wrote in message
It is over thirty years old.The automatic shut off thingy quit working
about twenty years ago.I usually hang my clothes on the line to dry.I
can use the clothes dryer, but I have to remember to shut it off after a
while.I always keep the lint filter cleaned out.Why doesn't the
automatic shut off switch work anymore?
cuhulin

I'm guessing that this is not a serious question, but here is an answer
anyway.

Best guess would be that the motor in the timer went bad or a gear broke in
the timer. Easiest solution is to replace the timer. Of course you could
also repair the timer if you were inclined to do so.

Mike