Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mark mark is offline

Default welding smoke pipe

My woodstove's smoke pipe has 13 joints in it before entering the
chimney, could this thin wall steel be miged or would tig be a must.
Is there any other way to seal these joints? When it is very windy out
I get small rings of smoke puffing out of each joint, the flue is
above my peak, I have tried with /withought the rain cap and I now
have a "whirlybird" on top which is suposed to aim downwind and cause
a venturi to aid in draft but I am still getting the back draft. Also
it only seems to happen when I have the combustion air inlet is turned
down low. Thanks for any help.