Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
EWCM EWCM is offline

Default New Wood Working

"SpaceAceF" wrote in message
I recently retired from the military and my wife has agreed to building me
a workshop and some nice woodworking tools. I really want to build a
playable guitar. I know there are plenty of plans out there but can anyone
suggest a floor plan for the shop and the most important tools I need get
first.

Thanks
Lonnie

Congratulations on your retirement.
If you are like me, retirement from the military is not a retirement as
most refer to it, simply a transition to another career.
Take a look in the area for a military base, call the MWR shop to see if
there is a woodshop there. For a few bucks an hour, you'll have a well
equipped shop, a little training and some good folks to talk to. Use this
time to figure out where you want to go.
I "retired" to the DC area. There are three woodshops in town (Andrews,
Bolling, and Belvoir).
I bought a townhouse with a two car garage that will become my shop. I
ordered my tablesaw today and it will be here in a few weeks.
Good luck

Jack