Gunner

Default Gunner's medical bills

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 10:20:36 -0700, "Joel Corwith"
wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Gunner says...

A baby is a person, A child is a person. A teen ager is a person. A
young adult is a person. A middle aged fellow with a Harley is a
person. A seasoned citizen is a person. An oldster is a person. A old
person..is a person.

What do the above all have in common with a human zygote? They are
all the same person in different stages of its life cycle.

That's a very lovely opinion. For you to have.

Interestingly that is not how the constitution views the
issue.

Jim has a good point. Though at the time it was written, I hardly think the
issue of abortion was in the framer's minds. When they thought 'person',
the concept of someone weedwacking then sucking the remains of a baby out of
a pregnant woman wasn't an issue.

Joel. phx

But then they were OK with the concept of serfs and slaves, so maybe it is
OK to drown a kid in the bathtub.

Not ok with serfs, but they were indeed with slaves. At the least,
they were considered 2/3 of a human. And one should further
note..that not all slaves, were black in those times. And
historically..most were not., but I digress.

Jim and others here like to use thread drift to deflect away from the
hard realities of their beliefs. Shrug..at one time it was quite
legal to put 7 million Jews into the ovens as they were officially
called sub humans, or not humans at all. But did that redefinition
make the Jew any less human in fact or in deed? Or were they simply 7
million tissue masses and of no import?

Shrug.

Gunner, pro choice

Jim

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell