Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.energy.homepower
Gil Faver Gil Faver is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
"Gil Faver" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...

No, you won't. Not unless you've discovered some new laws of
thermodynamics.

it is called heat transfer. more heat in air at 80 will put more heat
into
the walls, getting them up to 70 faster. You won't save energy, you will
save time. But, the heat loss out the windows will be greater with a temp
up to 80.

Any difference there might be would be far too small to be noticed. Were
you
imagining that heat transfer at 80F is 14% faster than at 70F? Doesn't
work
that way. Use absolute temperatures.

hey, this tread long ago drifted off into the theoretical natty gritty.
Don't blame me!

faster is faster. I think we agree on that. I think we also agree on "who
cares - put on a sweater".