Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Monroe Steve Monroe is offline

Default Tools and Being Cheap...Err..Frugal

Local Pick-A-Part car salvage is good for mechanics tools sometimes. I lose
something just about every time I go out there. : (

"xman" wrote in message
. ..

" wrote in message
On Jan 22, 9:44 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well I like tools and I am also cheap...err...frugal.

I would be interested in your stories, suggestions and recommendations
of how you have fed your tool habit....err..needs.

Thanks

TMT

Mostly from auction sales, including machine shops, estate auctions
and farm auctions. Garage sales. Very few at pawn shops. Few picked up
on road/highway during walks.

Paul

Have used a bunch of metal strapping, the stuff that holds lumber
together, when the fork lift drops the load at the construction site. The
2 inch width stuff. weld it, bend it, drill it, its hard stuff. Don't
bother with the 1 inch or smaller width.

Thirft shops for alot of junk for prototypes. Like a bunch of golf clubs,
cut the golf ball hitter end off, use the round tubing...worked out
great....

Got 3 tripods for camers at thrift shop for about $10. salvation army...
worked okay for small studio sets...

xman