Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Aren't mains drills great?

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:41:49 +0000, (A.Lee) wrote:

And to think I was going to give it away, as I used cordless all the
time now.I'm really glad I've kept it - it is invaluable for large wood
augers, and even 10mm drills through steel.

I'm no fan of cordless drills, unless working somewhere _really_
awkward.

I like my 1950's 1/4" Bridges so much that I now have two of them. One
sits permanently with a plastic abrasive brush in it. They're lighter
than my cordless and yet more powerful. Beautifully made too. I rarely
drill anything over 1/4", and if I do, then my huge AEG SDS can swap a
non-hammer chuck onto it.