Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Repare chandelier sockets or buy a new one?

On Jan 21, 5:43*pm, "Charlie S." wrote:
You all seem to be on target as far as this unit is concerned. *I'll try to
reply to most of your postings below. *(Sorry for any redundancy.)

The sockets are made of plastic and most fit loosely on the base.
Tightening might be impossible as there is a 1" specialized grommet that
runs through the center of socket itself. *I doubt I could replace them with
a regular grommet tool as I would be squeezing the grommet through plastic..

There is also a screw on the bottom of the socket. *I see wire fragments
attached beneath it. *Seems odd to me. *Loosening or tightening the screw
might be an option to explore. *I don't think that screw is a supportive
screw. *I could be wrong. *I haven't tried the eraser idea yet. *There isn't
any metal to bend up or down. *The screw must be the metal connection.

The outer plastic sheath does rise rather high and may be causing problems
in sockets I haven't tested. *Will try removing each one that gives me
trouble to find out if that might be a culprit. *If so, I'll trim it down.