Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Wood pellet stoves

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:07:29 +0000 someone who may be Timothy Murphy
wrote this:-

Are these a good thing, re global warming?

Pellets involve energy in converting the wood into pellets, so are
not as good as burning wood directly. However,a pellet stove is
still better than many of the alternatives and it is amenable to
automatic firing.

Any recommendations on make, installation, etc?

http://c-zero.co.uk/ may have their stoves on the web site soon.
However,if you delve into their forums you should find a fair bit of
advice on them.

If you get one connect it to a suitably sized thermal store,
together with a solar panel. You should then be able to provide
heating and hot water all year round from them both.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh