Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes
Serge Auckland Serge Auckland is offline

Default Bruel & Kjaer 2107 Frequency Analyzer

"Ross D. Matheson" wrote in message
(Don Pearce) in
:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 00:52:50 +1300, Ross D Matheson
wrote:

Are there any here who know this instrument, or know who might know
whether it
could be used for more general audio work, beyond the commented link in
this?

Bruel & Kjaer 2107 Frequency Analyzer
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=136643465

Thanks! ;=})

Ross in nz, not zz!

Frankly, you will do a far better, more useful and more accurate job
with a sound card in a PC. This is really of historic interest only.

Well thanks Don!

It really was just out of interest, (but I am danger of collecting too
much
old stuff already, like valve tech gear & ham transceivers, so
appreciated!)
and I'm already interested in the possibilities of the soundcards I have.
Ta!

RdM

Adding to Don's very apposite comment, try the RightMark Audio Analyser
software. It works with any sound card and provides either live measurements
or you can record the tests and analyse off-line, so to speak.

http://audio.rightmark.org

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com