Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Sony KP-46S15

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I'm working on a Sony KP-46S15 RPTV for a friend. Set would turn on for a
second then the power light would blink and set would shut off. I found
that C667 in the standby circuit on the power supply board was completely
open, replaced that and the behavior changed somewhat. Now it still powers
up for just a moment and shuts off, but the power light is not blinking. I
found that if I bridge across the power relay, the set comes up and I can
see video but the picture geometry is somewhat distorted. Checking the
power supply reveals that all outputs are low. I took the PSU board home
and found a few more marginal capacitors but nothing too bad. Anyone run
into this before? I'm not very familiar with Sony boards.

Picture geometry of course suggests a convergence issue, but this would not
normally prevent the set from firing up; more likely just something else to
fix once you get it running.

Mark Z.