Wayne

Default New Chinese mill vs old high quality mill

The pricing on Bridgeport's vary greatly with location. I could find a VERY
good Bridgeport for $3000 it might take a few but they are out there. I some
locations that might not be possible.
As to the Griz, I would want to see one (same with the Bridgeport) before
buying. I looked at a 18" grizzly band saw just 2 days ago and was not very
impressed with its quality. Every part on the machine was as minimum as it
could be.
I own a Millport milling machine and its an import copy of a Bridgeport. I
use both mine and my dads Bridgeport and see no real difference. Take a look
www.motherearthrecycling.net/shop/shop.htm
But I was able to try before I buy, and the seller offered it to me at a
very LOW price.