Posted to alt.home.repair
Casual Observer Casual Observer is offline

Default Whirlpool Washer leak problems

Less than a year old - model # WTW5540SQ - this has given us problems with
leaks from the beginning - no floods, just intermittent leaks. We've had
at least 4 visits from authorized service techs, all under warranty - they
do their checks, and find nothing wrong - then a few days later, maybe a few
weeks, it's "Honey, get the towels". The water appears to be coming from
somewhere in the front part of the washer - it's absolutely NOT a hose
connection or a drain issue. The tech pointed out how it has to be level,
and showed us the procedure - I knew all about that, and it's been level
from the beginning - using a level it shows right on the bubble
front-to-back and side-to-side. The tech also explained about overloading
issues (it wasn't overloaded).

Looking at the front of the washer, whenever it's leaked, the water has
kinda trickled from under the front of the washer across the tiled kitchen
floor - I know the floor is not perfectly level - that happens frequently
here in Texas where I am.

But what's interesting is that while the exterior of the cabinet is level
perfectly, every time I open the cover and look inside, the tub itself is
off-center, "leaning" to the right side of the cabinet, just a bit. I don't
hear any unusual noises or rubbing or anything when the machine is running.

It seems like if I could get the TUB right, so it's not leaning, the leaking
problem would go away - but while I know how to balance the CABINET, I can't
figure out how to balance the tub.

An suggestions?

Thanks!