Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Galvanized stell pipe

On Jan 21, 11:06*am, wrote:
My house was built in the 1950's and it has galvanized steel pipe
inside the walls and foundation and the past year i have noticed VERY
BAD AND SLOW draining the worst its ever been and i was wondering what
is the way to go about trying to fix the problem

Galvanised pipe is not normally used for drain lines. Cast iron or
plastic is all I have seen in my long years. Cast does not corrode
over a normal lifetime of a house but may build up blockages. If they
are are cast iron, a rotorooter may be able to clear them. If they
indeed are galvanised, your only choice is replacement as they do
corrode.

Harry K