Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Sony KP-46S15

I'm working on a Sony KP-46S15 RPTV for a friend. Set would turn on for a
second then the power light would blink and set would shut off. I found that
C667 in the standby circuit on the power supply board was completely open,
replaced that and the behavior changed somewhat. Now it still powers up for
just a moment and shuts off, but the power light is not blinking. I found
that if I bridge across the power relay, the set comes up and I can see
video but the picture geometry is somewhat distorted. Checking the power
supply reveals that all outputs are low. I took the PSU board home and found
a few more marginal capacitors but nothing too bad. Anyone run into this
before? I'm not very familiar with Sony boards.