Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default TV buzzes with overly white video

On Jan 21, 4:39*pm, Steve Kraus
wrote:
No one has established from the OP whether noise from the speaker

Buzz is in the audio from the speaker.

I'd like to explore the AGC issue before messing with anything else. *Is
this something that has a physical adjustment? *That would seem to be the
way to go with least downside if it's wrong.

BTW, how do you get into the setup/service menu? *I've tried pushing the
button via the small hole in back but it doesn't seem to do anything. *
Again, this is a Sony KV-27EXR25. *If the service manual is available free
online anywhere please point me.

Also, if it is an AGC issue would putting a pad on the RF (cable) input
solve it in simple fashion? *Right now I have the cable looped through a
VCR (pass through) hoping it might help and maybe it has but not enough.

A pad shouldn't help as the 'automatic gain control' will just push up
the gain to make up for the pad. If it's in an extremely high RF
condition, the pad might help but it's rare to get that much signal.

GG