Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Comcast

"Artemus" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in...

May not be universally available, but I like Verizon's triple play
here in NJ (~95/mo + STBs and fees, taxes) for phone, TV and 20/5
Mbps internet. Service is something you don't want to need in
general. With Verizon it is hit or miss, billing sucks.

I'm considering their triple play here in Oregon ($105 +,+,+,+,+) but
I can't seem to get an answer out of them to some simple questions:
Who is the newsgroup provider?
Is there any bandwidth limit on NG downloads per month?
If yes, what is the limit?
Where can I go to find out what NG's are available?

Since some of you already have FIOS maybe you can answer these?
Art

Verizon has their own servers (one in NY, I belive the other in DC, but I
may be wrong). Verizon also has their own, limited access newsgroups -
you should not crosspost between "regular" newsgroups and the 0.verizon
hierarchy.

Jeremy is the newsgroup admin, posts weekly on Thirsdays about new
additions.

AFAIK there is no limit on how much you download (yet), but the servers
are a fraction of the speed of Giganews et al.

All newsgroups that are listed are carried, or can be added. This was
Jeremy's last post:

alt.binaries.crackhead will be added 01-18-08. Listed at
isc.org.

alt.binaries.pictures.clip-art will be added 01-18-08. Listed at
isc.org.

alt.binaries.sounds.lossless.reggae will not be added. Not listed
at isc.org nor Google: Usenet groups.

Thanks,

Jeremy - Verizon News Admin

I'm not into heavy binaries downloading, so Verizon is fine by me. If
you want more faster, use your Verizon pipe for another newsserver.

Hope this helps

--
Best regards
Han