Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What REC said: was "lost electricity"

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:34:20 -0600, Steve IA
wrote:

I'll try to cover this as clearly as possible, answering as many of the
questions that where raised as I can. I spoke at length with 2 reps of
the REC this morning. They were both sympathetic and helpful.

1. They do not estimate. They don't even physically read anymore. Every

"The Turtle only transmits the information that the mechanical
functions of the meter are recording. In the rare cases where a Turtle
doesn’t report data in time for a monthly billing, an estimated
=========
reading will be used until the problem can be fixed. Where
discrepancies exist, the mechanical numbers on the meter can be used
to determine actual usage."

27 hours or so each meter sends its progress back to the REC computer
which records this information. At the end of the cycle this data is
turned into a bill.
2. The data from the individual meter reports is available to the
customer in what is called a 'turtle' report. This shows meter reading
and usage for each ~27 hour period. Turtle info: http://tinyurl.com/yo3lcm