Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Stripping kitchen cabinets, paint in grain

On Jan 21, 4:18*pm, Norminn wrote:
clipped

Of that era Pickeling was common it was like a stain and is near
impossible to remove completely. When you restain any white shows
through and it looks like crap. If its Birch it gets worse if brown
stain was used since Birch can have stress features that take stain
unevenly. You might get the white out but its alot of work and it must
be complete, consider spray painting them a color, rent an Hvlp
sprayer and use a good paint like Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo oil.
maybe an auto body shop could spray them

It is white, so it wouldn't be a dye stain. *Pigment stain is some
version of the same ingredients
in paint. *I agree on the BM Impervo. *I love Ben )

It is pickeling maybe it is just pigment, but all it does is smear
trying to get it out.