Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Paint loose on walls

Sounds like an exterior wall, probably plaster. Latex paint
cannot breathe so hydrostatic pressure pushes it off the wall and
deteriorates the plaster to boot. Do NOT use latex on exterior
plaster walls bonded directly to masonry.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
On Jan 21, 1:31?pm, "Jimmy" wrote:
The paint on some of my walls is "loose", you can peel it off in
small
sheets. When you wipe your hand over the wall where the paint
came off it
leaves a white powder on the hand. Do I need to seal the wall ?
What should
I wash it with first and use to seal it? Any advice is very
appreciated.

? ? TIA
? ? ? ? jimmy

first scrape all the loose stuff and address why its coming
loose....
might be moisture troubles in the wall