Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Repare chandelier sockets or buy a new one?

On Jan 21, 10:14*am, "Charlie S." wrote:
Have a chandelier in our dining room that is about 40 years old. *Some of
the lights don't work that well. *One has to twist the bulb(s) to just the
right spot in the socket to get them to stay lit. *Through vibration or for
some other reason some of them will shut off by themselves.

I can twist the bulb back in to make it work again to make it work.
However, I'm getting tired of that game. *I was thinking of replacing the
whole unit as one can buy a new one for $100-$200. *Or, is there a simple
and inexpensive way to repair these type of sockets?

http://www.shadesoflight.com/images/chandsolution.jpg

Look at the bottom of the socket there might be a piece of metal on
the bottom that can be bent up