Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default HP/Pavilion Monitor schematic?

"Dave Shaw" wrote in message
I have an older HP Pavilion desktop (Model 9600) with an HP monitor
(Model D7480A) that I really like. HP also refers to this as an S70
monitor. The monitor's power supply just went bad, and with some time
on my hands, I wanted to take a shot at fixing it. Anyone know where
you can get a schematic for such a thing? "HP" seems to be the wrong
answer...

Note that I can't receive e-mail at the moment, so followups on this
newsgroup, please.

Schematics for monitors are very rare. I don't think I've ever had one, most
of the problems though are not too hard to fix without one. Check for
shorted semis in the power supply and horizontal scan section. Also look for
bad electrolytic capacitors in the same areas.