Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
TomNie TomNie is offline

Default What do you look for on a woodturning club website?

Charlie,
The two clubs I belong to are blessed with computer people to post what an
excellent writer has assembled, that is, a newsletter containing detailed
description of the month's demonstrator, instant gallery pictures, tips and
techniques. Reviewing the history is an education in itself.

Web site includes a communication setup to pass on email news or stuff for
sale or etc. Mass emails work great.

Next year's demonstrator schedule is available with descriptions and links
to their sites.

AAW link plus a couple others.

This thoroughness helps absent members keep up and refresh what they think
they heard. I found in originally exploring turning that across the country
you can learn a lot exploring their sites - some good, some not so good.

I've come to like and will participate this year in the one club's "Monthly
Challenge". This amounts to 11 different projects with participation noted.
End of year any that completed all receive a $50 gift certificate to the
Klingspor store that hosts the meetings.

Good luck, TomNie