Posted to rec.woodworking
Curran Copeland Curran Copeland is offline

Default plywood or presswood

"lerameur" wrote in message
hello,

I am almost finish my cutting board project, Consisting of 200 wooden
block (2 inch by 4 inch, and 2 in thick). I have glued them together,
but wanted to rest and glue this on a large piece of wood for more
support. I was thinking plywood, but a friend said to use presswood,
because it wont work like plywood.
What wood would I best use?
thanks

ken

Presswood if your talking MDF wil swell when wet and would not be a good
choice for a cutting board bottom if there is any chance of it getting wet.
Plywood should not warp if you glue it to the bottom of the board, if it is
not glued it may experence some slight warping but not as much problem as
the MDF would have if it got wet. JMO