Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Car battery a 2002

In article , George wrote:
professorpaul wrote:
At that age, you are on borrowed time. Replace it. I had a battery on
my Jeep that was OEM, and 6 years old. I simply pre-empted the
situation and got a new one. A new battery is MUCH less than a road
service call/tow.

Also the "maintenance free" batteries seem to fail much differently than
their predecessors. The old batteries used to give a good indication
with slow cranking. The maintenance free versions seem to just quit.

Yeah, well, there's no such thing as a "maintenance-free" battery. A better
term would be maintenance-PROOF. They need to have water added, just like the
old-style batteries -- much less often, I grant you, but they still need it.
Difference is, you can't.

--
Regards,