Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.energy.homepower
Ann Ann is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:51:01 -0600, S. Barker wrote:

Well i thought the original conversation was about saving energy. So if
you're not concerned with efficiency, then why not just leave it turned up
to begin with?

My post was about "recovery" and the furnace was turned off, not down.
My intended point was that people sometimes don't warm a cold house up in
the most fuel efficient way ... and end up "giving back" some of their
savings. (No, I don't think this explains Steve's situation because of
the length of the outage and the fact that he kept most of his house warm
with the wood stove.)

"Ann" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:22:46 -0600, S. Barker wrote:

then you go PAST the 'target' temp.

Correct. I didn't say it was the most efficient way to do it. g