Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.,rural,alt.energy.homepower
CJT CJT is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

Terry wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 15:57:22 -0500, Neon John wrote:

That pretty much leaves the storm itself and post-storm activities. We're back to
the storm recovery usage that you're fighting so hard not to acknowledge.

Great post.

I have not been able to get a Google hit on a good explanation of
"storm recovery usage." Maybe you could enlighten me.

One example of how your usage can go up after a storm would be backed
up dirty clothes. Another would be to have to reheat your house and
hot water. I guess you do need to heat hot water.

I can't see how any of this would cause your monthly bill to be any
larger.

It wouldn't, but if you divide by only the days the power was on, the
average usage would increase.