Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default Electric dryer - thermal fuse question

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

We have a Sear Kenmore from at least 1970, possibly much earlier. (It was in
the house when we moved in in 1980). It (crossed fingers) has never needed
service.

We had a Sears electric dryer, circa early 1980's. I replaced the heater
coil in it once. It then became unrepairable when the motor start/run
switch cracked in three pieces and Sears no longer stocked the part. The
only way we could get the switch replaced was to buy a new motor with a
start/run switch mounted on it. The cost for the motor was $130.00.
Hindsight being what it is, it would have been a better idea to buy the
motor than a new Sears appliance.

Caveat emptor...

Rick