Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Electric dryer - thermal fuse question

Rick wrote:

The only other thing I can see in the wiring diagram that would kill all
power to the 120 volt stuff - and make the drum light inoperable as well
- would be a defective dryer door switch. More disassembly... I'm not as
inclined to suspect the door switch because, hell, this dryer is barely
two years old!

One of the most common faults on tumble dryers over here in the UK is
the door switch or the method of operating same, sometimes a plastic peg
on the door which can get broken off, or a fitting on one of the hinges.

That`s where I would start looking

Ron(UK)