Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Fuel flow meter for cars .. ?

wrote in message
Don't buy any kind of a vehicle that didn't come factory equipped with a
two barrel (or one barrel) carburetor.

A guy who lives in a house on a street behind me, he has a nice looking
1990 Chevrolet RV van with a 350 cubic inch engine and the engine has a
throttle body fuel injection thingy, for sale, $1,100.The van has about
90,000 miles on it.

I know all about how to keep my old vehicles with carburetors running
good.I am staying away from those new fangled vehicles with that
so-called ''modern technology'' stuff on them.
cuhulin

I hate carburetors. They're ok for lawnmowers and such, but for cars they're
sloppy imprecise Rube Goldberg-esq contraptions. On the best of days, the
fuel/air mixture will never be as precise as it will with a decent injection
system. Flooding, cold idle issues, dirty emissions, I was not sad to see
them go away.

Ask any of the guys on the Megasquirt list, after converting to injection
you immediately get a smoother running engine, more power, improved throttle
response, better gas mileage, no problems with altitude changes, it's like a
whole new car. Race cars were using injection back in the 50s, better
European cars were injected by the early 70s, American car companies were
finally dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century in the late 80s.

Injection systems are mechanically simple and electrically consist of just a
few sensors, some wiring, relays, a pump, and a control box. If you're not
comfortable working with that stuff what are you doing on an electronics
repair group?