Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bush exempts Navy from environmental laws

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:28:21 -0800, "William Noble"
wrote:

The only way to find them..is with active sonar, unless he rammed his
conning tower into your hull .

Gunner

FALSE statement again - perhaps a little reading would do you good - start
he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-submarine_warfare

it's amazing how much blatantly false information is stated as fact - but
then again, this is the internet and you really can't beleive anything you
read

A Bill? Im familiar with anti-submarine warfare, being something of a
military fact and military history buff.

Some of the electric boats are damned silent, and if at the
thermocline, or dogging on the bottom...passive simply isnt going to
get it.

Reflected passive..shrug..might..might work if you have the time to do
a full workup from a stationary receiver.

Im sorry if your touchy feely is hurt because of some unproven believe
that sonar is harmful to sealife and many of us with an understanding
of the realities of life, dont agree with you.

Shrug

Gunner

If he believe passive SONAR works, he should try passive spamming.
that's where he has something for sale, and you know it without being
told.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell