Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating a Conservatory

In article ,
"Mark" writes:
Conservatory heater:
I was thinking along the lines of a gas wall heater such as a Drugasar (only
name I know for these heaters).

I've no experience of them. Would they go on a wall that is 600mm high?

I had one before installing central heating and it was very good.
Mine was 4.5kW with a thermostatic modulating burner, and kept the
room temperature accurate to 0.1C (the limit of my digital thermometer)
once I'd pulled the thermostat phile out and hung it under the unit.
The heat exchanger is enameled steel, and does eventually corrode
through (probably lasted over 20 years), although they supply spares.
However, this gives a very fast heatup, unlike a Potterton one I still
have with a cast iron heat exchanger which will probably last for
ever, but takes quite a while before you start getting any heat from
the unit.

I think you might struggle on a 600mm high wall, but give Drugasar
a call.

--
Andrew Gabriel