Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Comcast

"B a r r y" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:59:38 GMT, "George" wrote:

Except when it rains,

In 11 years of DirecTV, I've lost the signal far less than when I had
cable. I can remember two weather related DTV issues:

#1 - A chunk of ice resembling a water glass had formed over the LNB.

#2 - During an extremely heavy t-storm, complete with hail, we lost
the signal for ~ 5 minutes. ONE rain-related failure in 11 years!

I'm at a higher US lattitude, where my dish has a rather low aim, so I
would have thought I would have had more problems.

My CATV failed a few times a year, when people hit telephone poles,
the power failed feeding line amps along the way, and when they just
plain screwed up at the head end. Cable also provided me with analog
channels of varying picture quality and audio volume.

You're right about the broadband, though! If no DSL is available,
you need the wire anyway.

More years on DTV that you by a couple, and I don't have to look at the
computer to find out there's Towering Cumulus thirty miles south or so, I
just lose my signal. When it actually rains here, it's less time normally
before return of signal.

Not too high a latitude at 46 and change, but those clouds get me every
time. BTDT on ice, once, too.