Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower,misc.rural
Steve IA[_2_] Steve IA[_2_] is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

wrote:

Along the way here, someone asked if the previous month had been
estimated. That is just as important as if the current month were
estimated, because if they estimated Nov on the low side, then it gets
added on when they do the next actual reading. If they added it to
Dec, then the usage is going to be higher. Also, along the same lines
of reasoning, what was the usage shown for Nov compared to the avg for
Nov? If it was below avg, that lends credence that somehow some Nov
demand is showing up in Dec.

Actually, Nov was higher than the 6 year average which kinda futzes the
estimate theory.

Also, have you read the meter yourself to see how much you've used now
in Jan? I know they said they didn't estimate it in Dec, but if they
did estimate and it was higher than actual, that would show up now by
the current reading being lower than expected.

Yes, immediately after getting the bill I checked the meter. It was in
line with 21 kwh/day usage which is January 6-year average.

Another possibility might be that due to storms the meter readers were
unable to make their usual schedule. Perhaps they came a week later
than they should have and the date of the Dec reading wasn't correctly
reflected on the bill.

All I can go by is the reading dates on the bill. Another customer had
a different reading date than I did. .

In any case, these bills are undoubtedly attributable to some
combination of estimate vs actual, meters being read for a diff number
of days this cycle, much colder weather, etc, not some strange
electrical phenomenon. I'd be very interested to hear the current
reading results.

"Current reading results". HA, I get it. I'll let you all know what the
'charge' is for Jan. when the bill comes on 'line'.

Steve
...But when you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you have to wait.
- John Lennon