Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.energy.homepower
Terry Terry is offline

Default Lost Electricity -2

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:55:22 -0500, Neon John wrote:

It is a known fact that power usage tracks degree-days even with homes that don't
primarily heat with electricity. Why? Got me. Just how it is. It is also a known
fact that people use more electricity after an outage, what your co-op called
recovery usage. Why? Got me. I can speculate but since that's not my specialty I
don't have any details. I just know that it is true. It probably is a combination
of catching up on activities such as washing clothes combined with the disruption of
your normal habits.

This recovery usage was an interesting topic. I tried Googling for it
and lost interest before I found anything. It doesn't seem too
common.