Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fuel flow meter for cars .. ?

In article ,
wrote:
Don't buy any kind of a vehicle that didn't come factory equipped with a
two barrel (or one barrel) carburetor.

Why?

A guy who lives in a house on a street behind me, he has a nice looking
1990 Chevrolet RV van with a 350 cubic inch engine and the engine has a
throttle body fuel injection thingy, for sale, $1,100.The van has about
90,000 miles on it.

Single point injection is an extremely crude way of doing things giving
near the complexity of proper injection but with most of the disadvantages
of a carburettor. Of which there are many.

I know all about how to keep my old vehicles with carburetors running
good.I am staying away from those new fangled vehicles with that
so-called ''modern technology'' stuff on them.

New fangled? Even modern type all electronic fuel injection has been
around for 30 years or so. Mechanical injection before WW2. It's not
beyond any half competent home mechanic to learn how it works and how to
fault find. But you can be sure you'll need less of that than with a carb
or two.

--
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.