Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default What do you look for on a woodturning club website?

In article
,
TWW wrote:

Reading through these posts reminded me of the 'create a group' button
you see at the bottom of these screens. The button allows one to set
up a group similar to this woodturning group except people can send e-
mails with pictures attached (I set one up a crude test one to see
what might work and you can do the same).

One of my assignments before retiring was to set up an
'intranet' (inside the organization) site for a county attorney's
office. The whole idea was to lessen the need for programmers and let
the people in the office post whatever they wanted to in different
categories.

Does anyone have any experience with using a Google group for an
organization instead of setting up a web page where a volunteer
webmaster needs to be in the loop for getting anything put on the web
page?

Although I assume I was just scratching the surface on what the
Google group could do, it seems like they may be a better way to go
for a turning club (at least at first) The Google groups are not as
fancy but sound like a good way to get the word out on a club's
activities. My guess is you get lots of valuable information from
this Google group and there is no need for a webmaster to post your
comment to this group.

You do realize that this newsgroups has NOTHING to do with Google,
right? It predates Google by years (and years). Google just carries it

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv