Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O Greg O is offline

Default OT...aluminum wheels, cold weather..............

"Randy Replogle" wrote in message
I bought a car with aluminum wheels about a year ago and the previous owner
said that the tires leaked air slowly because the wheels being aluminum.
???

So now the temperature here is in the single digits and one tire
especially is going nearly flat overnight. Is this normal for cold weather
and/or aluminum wheels in general?

Randy

One of those old wife's tails as far as I am concerned!
I have had cars with factory aluminum wheels with no problems. My
sister-in-law asked me about the same thing when she had leaks with the
aluminum wheels on her car. She took it in to a real tire shop and they
found bead leaks on 3 of the wheels. Remove the tires, and clean up the bead
area and the leaks went away.
Greg