Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Paul is offline

Default Clausing 5914 VariDrive Wobble

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

I forget when your machine was made. Mine was made in 1972. Perhaps
the green coating was a later (or earlier) addition.

I suppose we could cheat -- call Clausing and ask.

I've got it written down somewhere, but 1967 comes to mind. Looking at
the picture of the green coating someone else posted I can say if mine
had that coating its long gone, there's no green in evidence. Either it
never had it, or someone removed it in an earlier repair, or it now
looks just like steel I would think if was just worn away there would
be some remaining somewhere.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.