Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating a Conservatory

geraldthehamster wrote:
On 20 Jan, 10:11, "Mark" wrote:
Conservatory heater:
I was thinking along the lines of a gas wall heater such as a
Drugasar (only name I know for these heaters).

I've no experience of them. Would they go on a wall that is 600mm
high?

mark

Is there any reason (apart from the usual pettifogging one) why you
can't drill a couple of holes and fit a radiator?

I did just this last week. After asking on this group about rad sizes &
using the Myson calculator I opted for a 1200mm x 600mm double rad in a 3m x
3m x 2.4m conservatory - 1 house wall, 1 double skin wall, 2 double glazed
window walls.

Way OTT. Conservatory is hot even with the TRV on its lowest setting.
Customer happy however, because they leave the doors open & warm up the
lounge diner.

Not a complicated job, the rad that was in the way of the new doors had been
removed, but the pipes were in place. Hardest bit was drilling through the
wall for the pipes.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk