Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Soldering eyeglass Frames

wrote:

I can reasonably solder electronics although I get an occasional cold
solder joint. I have this pair of glasses I didn't wear much which
cracked near the temple joint. (The temple cracked). The repair shops
ask too much, compared to what I paid for the glasses. I tried online
to find temples, to no luck. So I'm considering soldering it. My
uncle (a retired EE) told me it would never hold. Part of the problem
is it cracked very near the screw joint. and so would suffer a lot
more torque than if it was further back. Any tips?

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Solder would never hold, those frames are typically brazed. You can
certainly re-braze them, though you would potentially also need to
re-paint / re-finish them afterwards.